WiCC™ Wireless Charging Card
There’s a new way to add wireless power to your device. A way that connects your device to the biggest network of wireless power in the globe, ensuring your device interoperates with wireless charging surfaces found in vehicles, arenas, airports, eateries, offices and more.
Building on the success of Powermat’s first-generation wireless charging systems, Duracell Powermat and Powermat Technologies are introducing a game changer in wireless power. By piggybacking on the real estate already allocated for NFC or the air gap above the battery, OEMs can give customers a truly wireless experience without needing to embed new technology into the phone.
Best of all, it adds NO COST to the BOM
- Powermat Technologies offers a series of evaluation boards, demo units and specifications for device manufacturers to integrate a Universal Wireless Charging Port. Simply bundle the phone with an NFC-only card or leave an air gap above the battery
- Duracell Powermat will offer the WiCC™ Wireless Charging Card, an after-market insert with a next-generation wireless power receiver, coupled with NFC technology. Available in carrier stores and leading retail outlets in 2013, the WiCC™ insert is as easy to install as a memory card.
WiCC™ is the most efficient way for devices to become wireless power ready.
Benefits for Carriers
- Highly profitable after-market accessory, with sale prompted by built-in app
- No lost opportunities to capture revenues or data due to device power downtime
- Neutralize biggest consumer concern about smartphones: running out of power
- Massive marketing support form Duracell Powermat
Benefits for OEMs
- Minimal impact on design or cost of phone
- Wireless-charging ready as a differentiator
- $ rebate on every sale of WiCC™ card
- Wireless charging-ready logo program
Duracell Powermat™ app
Making sure your devices stay powered and at the ready is only the beginning. With the Duracell Powermat™ app, we’re adding a digital layer to power so you’ll know where to find the nearest charging station when you need to juice up. The app will connect users to a global network of compatible charging hotspots, and lets you know how to find them, when and where you need them.